What is it about banana bread that you can’t just get enough of?
The smell of bread wafting from the oven into the home makes us feel at home.
We bake because we love to create. Share. And create smiles and memories as we chat and enjoy every bite.
If you’re like me we have extra zucchini growing in our backyard. And if you’re not growing them, you’ll see them in plentiful at the farmers market. What are you waiting for? Let’s grab a zucchini and let’s go!
I’ve given this to my family and my friends and, no, you cannot taste the zucchini. The shredded zucchini gives it some moistness and also helps you eat your veggies and enjoy something sweet. Win!!
I made a gluten free version of this banana bread and one that has all purpose flour. I’ll leave them both here and let you choose which one you prefer! Spoiler alert: The gluten free was a surprisingly delicious and wonderful alternative!
What I love about banana bread is it can be eaten at breakfast time or when you have a quiet moment with a cup of tea.
What I loved about this particular bread is the cinnamon butter I created for it. It’s so delicious and compliments this loaf so well!
I’m thinking autumn harvest days when the weather is so crisp in the morning and evening. This is just that kind of vibe!
Hope you enjoy it!
Zucchini Banana Bread with Chocolate Chips
- 3 bananas ripe
- 1/2 cup oat milk or any milk will do
- 1 tbsp lemon juice fresh
- 1/2 cup coconut oil room temperature/soft
- 2 tbsp vegan butter room temperature
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- pinch salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup zucchini shredded
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Grease a loaf pan and leave aside
- Combine your plant based milk with lemon juice. Leave aside for a few minutes to curdle.
- in a medium mixing bowl, combine all your dry ingredients and mix. Leave aside
- In a large mixing bowl, combine your wet ingredients including your plant based milk that has been curdled and shreded zucchini.
- Slowly add your flour mixture to your large bowl with wet ingredients. Mix to combine
- Fold in your chocolate chips
- Slowly pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan
- Cook for 65 minutes or until the middle is set
© sculptedkitchen.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please share this recipe using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or republish the recipe or content in full. instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.