Making tarts is such a great way to highlight the best of the season. They can be savoury or sweet.
Some tarts you can make are:
- Artichoke and spinach
- Chocolate with berries
- Apple tart with a beautiful arrangement of slices on top
- Stone fruit tart with a delicious sweet cream cheese bottom
This tart crust is gluten free and vegan and come together in FOUR ingredients:
- Coconut oil
- Maple syrup
- Sweet rice flour
- Hazelnut/almond flour
- Cocao powder
I baked it for just 5 minutes to get the crust firm. I also wanted it firm so it can hold the delicious mousse I filled it with.
The mousse is also so easy and incredibly rich! You need
- 15 oz dairy free chocolate
- 1 can of coconut cream
- Mint extract or a 10 leaves of mint
- A pinch of vanilla
Why you’ll love this tart:
- It’s gluten free
- It satisfies a deep chocolate craving
- You can serve it to vegans and non vegans alike!
- You can decorate the top with anything. I find it so relaxing and beautiful to use it as a canvas to create a beautiful picture. I used white and red strawberries for this tart.
Steps to creating your perfect tart:
- Gather your ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Mix it all together with your hand. It should start to form and be slightly sticky
- Get your tart mold ready. You can do one large tart or 2 smaller ones.
- The longest part is just to shape the sides of the tart. It takes awhile but so worth it!
- Place it in a preheated oven at 350F for 5 minutes. Remove and let it cool completely
- Place your coconut cream can contents into a small pan. Bring it to boil. Don’t leave the area as it’ll boil over.
- While it’s warming up, place 15 ounces of chocolate, your mint leaves and vanilla into a heat proof medium sized bowl.
- When your coconut cream has boiled, pour it over your chocolate and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Using a heat proof spoon, stir the contents of the bowl gently until everything is completely melted.
- I fished out the mint but you can always use mint extract instead of the leaves!
- Pour your filling inside the tart pan, let it cool in the fridge if you’re leaving the top free of berries. Otherwise place your haloed strawberries on the surface of the mousse and gently press in.
- Leave in fridge for a few hours and serve chilled. Enjoy!
Strawberry Chocolate Mint Mousse Tart
- 1 Oven
- 2 cups hazelnut meal or almond meal
- 1 cup sweet rice flour
- 6 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
Chocolate Mousse Filling
- 1 can coconut cream 400 ml
- 15 ounces dairy free chocolate dark chocolate or semi sweet
- 1 pinch vanilla powder
- 10 leaves mint alternatively mint extract
Crust Prep and Cooking
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Prepare a circular tart pan or 2 small ones
- Place all your crust ingredients into a small bowl and use your hands to form a mixture that's slightly sticky
- Press into your tart pan and take the time to create the sides and shape them
- Cook for 5 minutes. Remove and let it cool completely
- In a small pan, drain the contents of your coconut cream can
- Let it come to a gentle boil, watching it carefully to not let it boil over
- In a separate heat proof bowl, place your chocolate, vanilla and mint extract or leaves
- Pour your boiling coconut cream over the contents of the bowl. Let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Stir after 5 minutes until the chocolate is completely mixed. Remove leaves.
- Pour into your prepared tart shell. Add decorations like strawberries and push them slightly in.
- Place into fridge and serve chill
- Alternatively you can decorate it when chilled with berries and flowers!
© sculptedkitchen.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please share this recipe using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or republish the recipe or content in full. instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.